Monday 7 May 2012

New job and new opportunities

The last week has proved just how little I know. In my last post I wrote about how I was not hopeful about getting a job I had just interviewed for. This week, to my delight and surprise I found out I had got the job and from September I will be an Assistant Head for Teaching and Learning.
I am really excited about this new opportunity and can't wait to get started. I have a 1,000 things I want to do and will spend a lot of time over the next few weeks deciding how to approach my new role. The key thing for me is that this job is about improving teaching and learning. I get to work with teachers and students to be at the forefront of new ideas and strategies. I want to encourage teachers to take risks and try out new things - especially when they are not sure if they will work.
I am also looking forward to watching lots of new teachers at work in their classrooms - and steal ideas from them as often as possible, as I have always done. Expect to see lots of those ideas on this blog in the future. I am sure I will make loads of mistakes and there will be some tough times ahead but I am absolutely convinced this is the right move for me - and that I am the right person for this school.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment